Monday, June 20, 2016

Parental Pacifier

84 Weeks

"Mommyairdon."

"What Bug?"

"Mommyairdooooon."

"Mommy what?"

"Mommy AIRdoooooooooonnnn!!"

"My hair?"

"Yeah."

"Down?"

"Yeah."

The day after Mother's Day Greg was traveling and our sitter came over so I could go to work. I didn't want to leave and took my time. Late and running out the door, I leaned over Ren to nuzzle him with a kiss. He laid back on the floor and told me I was pretty. Then he told me I was a lady and I had a nose. Then he told me I had hair and I was wearing a blue bracelet. I ran upstairs, dug up a second blue bracelet, handed it to him, and said if he missed me he could look at the bracelet to remember his mommy loved him. He seemed to like the idea.

I spent most of that Monday staring at a plastic bracelet wondering if I shouldn't ever cut my hair.

1 comment: