Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The best mirror is an old friend.

64 Weeks

"Deetwah!!"

"Pizza?"

"Deetwah!!!"

"Twinkle Twinkle little..."

"DEETWAH!!!! DEETWAH!!!!"

When I was small I can remember feeling special, like getting a round of applause special, when my parents had friends over and they paid attention to me. As a parent now, it's a fantastic feeling to watch your kid enjoy your friend's attention. First of all, kudos to the cool friend for sharing the love. It's not easy adding a new member to your relationship. Second, when your child likes your friend just as much as you do, you're thrilled to be in the same fan club. You want him to be his own person, and yet, wouldn't it be nice if he ended up enjoying some of the same things you do? Like Deetwah. He's been calling her name since she left yesterday. I think. I only just realized what he meant when he was saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment