Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Call Me Mr. Brainwash


48 Weeks

To: "Grayson Morley" <****y@**.com>
From: "Jennifer Skura" <j**a@**.com>
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 11:04:54 PM
Subject: Re: NYC....


I love Reoccupied so much. Thank you.

ODDDDD that I am sitting in an NYC hotel room right now. Ren is asleep in a crib by the safety windows and Greg in the bathtub full of heavy chlorination. I haven’t been back here since April 2014 and I lived here from Dec 2000 to Jan 2013. I feel like I’m home tonight, even in a hotel, and reading your piece felt just right. And of course made me think about my family in Texas even though I haven't occupied any real estate there in years. (I still relate warmly to the Christmastime pullout couch however.)

Your words are perfect. Even your writer’s bio. Can’t wait to read this in The New Yorker.

No comments:

Post a Comment