Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day

31 Weeks

Greg suggested a local diner for breakfast and Ren sat in his first sticky restaurant high-chair. He did a neck roll each time a waiter carried a heavy tray over his head. He loved it.

Greg gave me a beautiful card with amazingly inspiring words written inside and we picked out a simple ring that will be made with Ren's birthstone. I'll wear it with pride on top of my wedding bands.

In the afternoon, I pulled weeds while Ren stared up at tree limbs through his toys. I planted some bulbs from a plant a sweet colleague gave me for my birthday. Greg cleaned up the yard.

It was quiet.

I thought about my mother and my son and the metaphors I buried into the soil around our home.

It was beautiful and perfect. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment