Tuesday, May 26, 2015

After Mother's Day

32 Weeks

Greg pulled a tick out of my back at 1am. Ren woke up screaming moments before so Greg put him back down while I discovered the source of my discomfort. Tiny, creepy thing that caused a fire-pinch-burning all the way down to my toes. We saved it.

A few days later, Greg gave me another beautiful card with amazingly inspiring words written inside for our five year wedding anniversary. Earlier in the day, I took a lunch break, Googled and discovered 'wood' to be the theme of a five year celebration. Wracking my brain out loud, a colleague overheard and suggested I hit a sidewalk sale in town. Within an hour, I side walked into some very loud and very beautiful outdoor chimes. They have wood in them. Perfect.

In the afternoon, after work, I picked up a romantic pizza and drove home. As I turned our street corner, I simultaneously spotted Greg and Ren playing in the yard and tried to keep from vomiting. The two were not related.

That evening, it was quiet.

In front of a baseball game on the television, I dozed and thought about why I was so sick. My eyes popped open. I looked at the clock and made Greg go to CVS to pick up a pregnancy test. It was 10pm. Happy Anniversary, honey. At midnight, we threw the negative results into the trash, regained all color back into our skin, and remembered the tick incident the weekend prior. I Googled and decided I needed to rush to the ER to thwart my new-found, flesh-eating, deadly, deathly, I-am-most-certainly-dying-unless-I-get-help-immediately virus.

I'm still awaiting test results and I'm still here. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry, how scary! Text me, call me, whenever you need! (Also, this was beautifully written and happy anniversary!) LOVE.

    ReplyDelete