Monday, July 25, 2016

With Liberty And Justice For All

88 Weeks

The stomach flu takes you back to childhood. So does emergency room visits. First day of school outfits. And war. This week our family bonded over Ren's first fat lip and bloody nose; "Mommy, belly hurt. Ren puke;" and prepping for the first day of pre-school. I went back in time writing Ren's name inside of his swim suit.

Terrorists hit the headlines again. My cousin sent a note.

When our family got sick, Greg had to travel for work. For four days. Being riddled with the plague, Ren and I had to go it alone. Day two we found ourselves lying on the front porch in an attempt to get some fresh air. It hurt too much to sit up. Day three, Ren and I played with blocks and he patted me on the back whenever my head was in the toilet. Day four, Gatorade was "Mommy juice" and Pedialyte was "Ren water." We got used to it. We bonded over it. We appreciated our normal, every day, average, American life more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment