Monday, June 30, 2014

A Grateful Haiku For You, and You and You and...

27 Weeks

There are sublime friends
They smile and slap our tense backs
We give up worry

We don't need it now
Take it home to your new boy
A neighborhood nests

His head lifts to me
If I move, he follows close
Small dog, my BIG guard

Hey little, small one
Take your time and absorb breath
You'll soon do it here

Hello from me now
Is it OK I need you?
"Evermore your root"

Hey there with your thumb
I'll pick you up any time
On we go with love

"Are you needing us?"
"Yes!" we say. "Yes!" Yes!" "Yes! "Yes!"
Their wings close around

I wrote you a note
Like old times, you send all heart
Not a minute passed

There's not enough thanks
In just words that try their best
Please just know and know

No comments:

Post a Comment